Friday, March 28, 2008

Appreciate what you have

Today as I visited with family and friends . . . . I reflected on taking things for granted. On complaining about how bad I think I may have it. I have my health - when so many do not. I have a loving husband who was made just for me. I have 2 beautiful kids who are not perfect - but I want to learn to accept that no one is perfect. My kids are healthy, we have a roof over our heads and our tummies are full and we have clothes on our backs. I am never shamed by the things my husband says or does. I have a loving supportive family. All of our needs are met. So many of these things are things many people do not have. People I know. People I call my friends and my family. I have no reason to complain - I should not take these things for granted. But I do. Wake up I tell myself . . . . and praise God that all of these things have been bestowed upon me. He has blessed me abundantly. And I need to share whatever I have with those who do not. Even if only in words of praise and encouragement. It was another very good day.

No comments: